Terms and Conditions
• On registration, all competitors agree to abide by the rules and regulations, terms and conditions as set out by Runbhoomi Jungle Series. Terms and conditions may be subject to change at short notice.
• In any dispute, the Race Directors decision will be final and binding on all parties.
• Runbhoomi Jungle Series reserves the right to alter or modify any aspect of The jungle Series itinerary at short notice in response to unforeseen circumstances in order to ensure the safety and security of all participants.
• All competitors must be at the age 18 years or over for 21km Run, 10km above 15 years, 5km above 10 years
• Open to men and women, individuals and teams
• All teams must have at least four members.
• To qualify for a ranking all team members must complete the race.
• Individual team members will also receive individual overall rankings.
Team times will be calculated as the average of the combined time of the team’s members.
There will be
1 checkpoint over 1 hrs. for the 5km distance,
2 checkpoints over 2 hrs. for the 10km distance,
4 checkpoints over 7hrs for the 21km distance.
• Each checkpoint will have a maximum time for completion.
• Any runner failing to arrive within the allocated checkpoint time will be eliminated from the race.
• These will be located every 3-5 km.
• Competitors must pass through all the checkpoints.
• At each checkpoint water will be distributed and must be emptied into personal water bottles (or similar).
• In no circumstances must any competitor leave the checkpoint with the plastic bottles provided by the race organizers.
• Each checkpoint will also provide the opportunity to seek medical assistance if needed.
• Failure to pass a checkpoint will result in elimination from the race
Finishing a checkpoint
• At the finish line of each checkpoint, water will be distributed.
• After securing settling in you will be given the opportunity to seek medical attention if needed.
• E-mails to competitors will be distributed each checkpoint.
• On completion of a checkpoint, each competitor and team will be timed in and ranked.
• mosquito nets and rain fly sheet
• 500ml of water carrying capacity (bottles or similar)
• Insect Repellent
• Safety pins
• Medical kit including Salt Tablets, Pain Killers, Disinfectant, Tape, Bandages, etc.
• Torch and spare batteries,
• Waterproof Matches or Lighter,
• Each competitor will be issued with a race number and two number plates
• It is the competitors responsibility to make sure they are clearly displayed at all times during the race.
• Due to potential sponsor and media broadcast considerations, the Race Director may impose restrictions on sponsor logos
• All competitors are required to eat sufficient food for both before and the duration of the race.
• For the duration of the race, officials will supply and distribute water to each competitor, at each checkpoints. At each of these points, the participants will have to fill up the entire 500ml of water capacity.
• It is the individual competitors responsibility to manage their water intake and prevent dehydration.
• The race organizers will take no responsibility for competitors who consume water not provided by race officials.
• The only assistance permitted is via the race officials and medical personnel.
• This is a self-sufficient foot race.
• No use of any form of transport or outside provisions (food or drinks) is allowed between checkpoints.
• Any infringements of this rule will be taken seriously and will result in the disqualification of the competitor or competitors involved.
Voluntary Withdrawal from the Race
• Competitors wishing to withdraw from the race may do so at any time by approaching and informing a race official of their intention to withdraw.
• As soon as is reasonably practical they will be transported to the base camp and options for further participation in the event will be offered. Please note, only accommodation [mandap] at the base camp will be free of charge.
Any accommodation, and also additional expenses such as meals etc. will be the responsibility of the competitor, when not resident at the Runbhoomi Jungle Series base camp
Overall and Checkpoints Placing
• Competitors will be ranked and times indicated in hours, min, secs according to their individual overall and checkpoint performances with additional awards given in the following categories, Individual: Male Female, Team, Military Team and Veteran (60+).
Health & Safety
• The safety and health of all competitors, support staff, and volunteers is paramount.
• Anyone entering this environment must take precautions against malaria.
• Each runner should take every measure possible to protect themselves from dehydration and exhaustion.
• A medical team will be on hand at all times to provide minor and emergency medical treatment and support should the need arise.
• The course route is well marked out along trails and paths through the jungle.
• Should anyone have the misfortune of getting lost a search and rescue team will be ready and equipped to locate and evacuate them.